What to do if you’re a victim of credit card fraud?

If you’re a victim of credit card fraud, contact the three credit bureaus and place a fraud alert. You can even request that your credit be frozen entirely. The next step is to file a police report because this is an illegal activity. Next, contact the creditor and tell them what has happened and that you did not authorize that account. Dispute the balances that show up on your credit report too.

Skip to content