Before adding an authorized user to your account, be sure to establish rules around how to use the card. Some things to discuss with your authorized user include:
• Will the authorized user have a physical card?
• When is it acceptable to use or not use the credit card to make purchases or access card perks?
• The credit history of both the primary cardholder and the authorized user
• Good credit habits that will prevent identity theft and fraud
• Setting up monitoring alerts with the credit card company
Adding an authorized user to your account can be convenient, but make sure you follow best practices to get the most out it.